Saturday, September 3, 2011

Google+, Day 26: Comparing Google+ with Twitter | pcworld.com

Post oleh : Admin | Rilis : 2:40 AM | Series :
I have spent most of the 30 Days With Google+ series examining Google+ on its own merits as much as possible. When all is said and done, though, Google+ is a social network competing with other social networks, so I would be remiss if I didn't spend some time comparing and contrasting them. So, today I am going to examine how Google+ matches up with Twitter.

Google+ and Twitter are very different social networks, yet they are still alike in some ways. Google has managed to roll aspects of both a Twitter-style social network and a Facebook-style social network into one.

How They're Alike

Both Google+ and Twitter enable a form of virtual stalking called "following". Basically, I can add people to follow who are not really a part of my social network at all, but whose updates and comments are of interest to me. For example, on Twitter I follow accounts like @BillGates and @BarackObama although I am quite sure they are not reciprocating.

The same scenario is possible in Google+. In fact, "Following" is one of the default Circles in Google+ that was there before I even started building my social network. This Circle is specifically intended as a placeholder for users I want to follow, but who I don't necessarily want in any of the more intimate Circles of my Google+ network.

So, on Google+ I have people like +Mark Zuckerberg and +Sergey Brin in my "Following" Circle. Likewise, I only have 129 people in my Circles on Google+, but there are 929 people who have me in Circles. That means there are 800 people who I may or may not know who are ostensibly interested in what I share with the Public even though they are not in my social network per se.

The benefit of this set up is that it provides a platform for broadcasting information and sharing with a much wider audience that goes beyond just family and close friends. Contrast that with Facebook, where I either must add someone as a "Friend" into my social network, or set up a separate Facebook Page that lets strangers stay informed without being in my network, but that requires me to maintain two separate Facebook personas.

For Read More
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/239417/google_day_26_comparing_google_with_twitter.html

google+

linkedin

1 comments:

Tulis comments
avatar
sprei anak
Admin
October 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM

gan thanks really good and useful info, success is always yes!
sprei

Reply
Powered by Blogger.

Link Friend's

( A )Aan20 | Achinllg | Andiebuytank | Anotherstoryfromme | Anak Nelayan | Arsipanberita | Auto-runs | Autoins21 ( B ) Bestcamera | BANYAKILMU | BlogCenti | Blekenyek | bizril | BUTIKU PALACE | Bayu The Maniac | BLOGGING TUTORIAL | BisAwanG | Blog-adhi | BlogIndonsesia | Business Blog ( C ) Cindybitney | Crunchour | Cah-eleq | Cacainadjourney | Coolkillady | Cyndimac72 | Celebryti | CENTRE-ICE ( D ) DiMensi Berita | Demcyapdiandias ( E ) emie-myrecollection | Eri-communicator | Ebooks Recourses ( F ) Free Toefl | Fraudmamy | faiUnismaMalang | Freedommessage ( G ) Geekymother | GaMinGtV | Goceng's Blog | Gitarkeren | GET REAL RICH | Gratistutorialebook ( H ) Haiabrakadabra | Hasannudin | Healthupyourlife ( I ) Tips dan Trik Komputer | Infobiznisonliner | Indulge! by veronizm | Internazionale Milan And Indonesian Culture | IRMAGI BLOG | Idonbiu ( J ) Jurassicparktoys | Jigalbigal | Joshlynreyn | John Thor ( K ) Katiebug05 | KALTENG004 | Kualatungkalboy | Kolom-tutorial ( L ) Louisdizon | Lulu-bitz-and-pieces ( M ) Muatringtone | Masih-berharap - N - ( O ) Obamainthewhitehouse | OJIENLING | O-OM ( P ) Pinkflower9978 | Perawatan-ac | Psikologizone | Pelangihorison - Q - ( R ) Rewangz | Raini-aikidoka | RETAPNP | RAKEARTS | Rokoksalemforex | rklivengood1128 | Rachmattullah ( S ) SAngMilyader | Saif569 | selfesteemblogforwomen | Sproutkzoo | sinay blog | SIJAGUR | So-bat ( T ) Tipspack | TUKAR INFO | TECHZEST | texaswithlove1982 | Timontius P | Tukar Link dan Promosi Website ( U ) Unmyst3 ( V ) VIJAY SUPERSTAR | Visitindonesianow | View the world | Vestpension ( W ) Weisse-schokolade | Welcomemynewblog | Winecountryconcepts | World of Cricket | World Health Medicine ( X ) Xander ( Y ) Yudhi-xiii | Yezdibooo - Z - zeppoawards

Followers